Quantcast

Travels chefs

Published on August 4th, 2011 | by Greg

0

SF Chefs 2011: Decadence (Before And) After Dark

This weekend, we’re clearing our schedules- and not buying groceries. It’s SF Chefs 2011, actually a week packed full of interesting events. From August 1st through the 7th, many local eateries (including favorites like Dosa and Le Colonial) are featuring specials like $20 three-course lunches and $35 dinners. If it’s too late for those, or you’d rather change things up even further, there are also plenty of seminars and tastings.

The menu (or schedule) includes Cocktail Clinics, Culinary Innovation Demos, a sponsored dinner by Anolon which aims to teach you how to impress a date (“Seduction in Three Courses”), and even a class aimed at improving family dinners. We’re scheduled to attend, and will be posting shortly on, two other events: “Gin Blossoms” on Saturday morning and “Wake Up Your Palate” or Sunday morning.

All of this is overshadowed by the Grand Tasting on Saturday night, “Decadence After Dark”, which will take over Union Square. Chefs like Brandon Wells from Pizzeria Delfina and Thomas McNaughton from flour + water will be presenting dishes, and while we probably won’t be able to live-tweet from the event itself, we’ll be certain to tell you all about it in our wrap-up.

Though many of the events were already sold out (congratulations to SF Chefs!), we strongly recommend looking closely at what is available, and grabbing a ticket. Visa Signature cardholders can receive special discounts, and for those not from the Bay Area (or who simply maybe want to be able to drink more freely or make an event of it), hotel discounts are available as well.

Tags: ,

About the Author

Greg dreamed up the idea for the Truly Network while living in Hawaii, which began with a single site called TrulyObscure. In 2010, when advertisers and readers were requesting coverage beyond the scope of that site, TrulyNet was launched, reaching a broader audience over a variety of niche sites. Formerly the head technology correspondent for the Des Moines Register at age 16, he has since lived and worked in five states and two countries, helping a list of organizations and companies that includes the United States Census Bureau, TripAdvisor, Events Photo Group, Berlitz, and Computer Geeks. He also served as the Content Strategy Manager for HearPlanet, a multi-platform app that has reached over a million users and has been featured in the New York Times, Hemispheres Magazine, National Geographic Adventure, Fox Business News, PC Magazine, and even Appleā€™s own iPhone ads. Greg has written as a restaurant critic and feature journalist for a number of national and international publications, including City Weekend Magazine, Red Egg Magazine, the Newton Daily News, Capital Change Magazine, and an arm of China Daily, Beijing Weekend. In addition, he has served as a consulting editor for the Foreign Language Press of Beijing, as well as a writer and editor for the George Washington University Hatchet, the school newspaper of his alma mater. Originally from Iowa, Greg is currently living in the West Village of Manhattan.

Back to Top ↑