Published on February 25th, 2013 | by Greg0
NY Wine Expo: This Weekend, Raise A Glass In New York
Sure, it’s NYC Beer Week. And this weekend is also the First Time Film Festival, which we look forward to checking out. But there’s no good excuse for not visiting Manhattan’s Javits Center this weekend for one of the largest shows of it’s kind. Aimed at both the trade professional as well as general consumers, there will be tastings and seminars galore, welcoming over 150 wineries from a dozen countries.
Running from Friday March 1st to the 3rd, the New York Wine Expo attracts thousands of people who appreciate wine- last year, there were over 4000 attendees. The highlight of the show is probably the pair of Grand Tastings featuring the ability to sample over 600 wines, with one on Friday evening from 6:00 – 10:00pm and another on Saturday afternoon from 1:00 – 5:00pm. At either session, you’ll get a souvenir glass, and be able to browse other vendors as well, like those offering accessories, refrigeration and wine racks, stemware, decanters, and more.
Tickets run $85 per person for Friday, or $95 for Saturday, but TrulyNet readers can use the coupon code VINO for $15 off! And that’s a fair price to pay for access to unlimited wine from around the world. Tickets are still available now, but going fast, so we suggest purchasing soon to avoid a sell-out. Tickets for the various educational seminars are handled separately ($25-$25), and here is a partial schedule and list of some options:
- California Pinot Noir: Touring The State’s Great Pinot Regions with Winemaker David Rossi of Fulcrum Wines
- Italian Cheeses and Wine with Lou DiPalo, the Cheese Guru of DiPalo’s Fine Foods in Little Italy, NYC
- The Cool Climate, World Class Wines of the Finger Lakes
- Wine 101: Taste Like a Pro with Wine Spectator’s Director of Education, Gloria Maroti Frazee
- Fun With Italian Wines…Exceptional Wines From Colli
Excited yet? Hope to see you this weekend at the New York Wine Expo!